Alaska's King

This site is for the exploration and discussion of a Constitutional Monarchy, as well as important Alaska news and information. Feel free to post your comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Welcome from the King of Alaska.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Cornerstone is Laid

Today I have begun construction on our stone structure. Inspired by structures I have found and visited in many countries, too numerous to name, and fortunate enough to have an excellent location situated on a high moraine, the source materials contain many stones ranging in size from sand and gravel to giant glacial erratics. The stones include rocks of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary origin.

The site is well-drained, but portions of the lower land includes wetlands, which provide water as well as berries and a defensible space. The forest is mixed willows, alder (great for preserving meat and fish by smoke curing), birch, cottonwood, and spruce. I have grown and am growing corn, beans, peas, beets, kale, mustard, sunflowers, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, tarragon, ruhbarb, oats, potatoes, tomatoes, cantaloupe, pumpkin, zuchinni, carrots, turnips, dill, garlic chives, onions, and much more.

I'm not sure what the final shape of the structure will be. I'm just following the shape of the stones and the land, and taking inspiration from historic structures and Celtic Art. I have lived in and built log cabins, frame houses, a tipi, a yurt, and other structures.

I welcome you to contact me if you wish to participate, for your suggestions for construction, and for suggestions for the name. So far I suggest "Waterstone", for the role water has played in the formation of the deposits from which I am deriving the source materials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home