Alaska's King

This site is for the exploration and discussion of a Constitutional Monarchy, as well as important Alaska news and information. Feel free to post your comments.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Welcome from the King of Alaska.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Alaska Subsitence

I have been experimenting with subsistence hunting, fishing, trapping, and wild foods.

The four basic elements for survival are: Shelter, Water, Food, and Fire. Each element is involved with the other.

To have shelter near a source of water is best, as food can be eaten without fire. A shelter provides a base from which one can hunt and otherwise gather food, water, firewood, and other materials. Most importantly, it provides a shelter from the elements and a base to which one can return to.

Water is important for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that we are mostly made of water. We won't last a week, in the best conditions, without water.

I don't need to state the importance of food. In addition to nourishment, it provides a degree of comfort, as does fire.

Fire is essential for comfort, to cook and preserve food, and to ward off wild animals and insects.

I'll be posting the results of my experiments with the various elements of survival as I test them out. While this is not the first time I have been in survival situations, this will be the first time I have recorded the results of my experiments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home